Summary of our beliefs
It is our conviction that God has spoken to us through the Bible, which is completely without error. God tells us clearly in the Bible what he is like, how we can be saved by him, how his people are to live, and how the church is to be run. It is not for us to decide these issues; God has already told us.
God tells us in the Bible that:
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the rightful King of both the church and the nations.
- Everyone is born as an enemy of God and is deserving of his wrath, both now and in the life to come.
- Jesus Christ, having died and risen, is the only one who can save us from the punishment we deserve.
- To be saved from this punishment, we must turn away from our sin and turn to Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit empowers every Christian to live a life that will bring glory to God.
- Every single nation has the duty to acknowledge Jesus Christ as King. King Jesus will come back to this world to judge every human being and to restore righteousness to the universe.
More details about our beliefs
Along with many other Christians all around the world, we hold to the Westminster Confession of Faith. This document does not replace the Bible, but gathers together what the Bible teaches about a variety of issues to help us better understand Scripture.
Would you like to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about our church or about Christianity, please contact us.
We offer a course called Christianity Explored which can be taken by individuals or by groups. It runs for 6 one hour sessions and is an opportunity to examine what the Bible teaches about Jesus and Christianity and to ask any questions you may have. We would be delighted to meet with you.